Denise Sier, a graduate of Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, in the Complex of Private Schools in Katowice
Denise Sier, a graduate of Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, a support teacher and English teacher, was a visitor at the Complex of Private Schools in Katowice from 1.04 to 19.06.2019 as part of the Goethe Institut Scholarship at internships. Denise took both passive and active participation in the classes led by the internship supervisor, Mrs Małgorzata Bubik, MA and German teachers, Mariola Szendzielorz, MA and Daniel Szeja, MA. In addition, she conducted conversation classes in high school and elementary school. Students of our school had the opportunity to talk with a native speaker for 3 months, while teachers could learn the methods of teaching used in German schools.
In addition to teaching, Ms Sier participated in the normal life of the school, i.e. participated in workshops, conferences, competitions, projects, etc.
Denise Sier participated in the following events:
- Conducting workshops during the Language Festival at Regional Teachers' Training Centre in Katowice
- representing the Polish Association of German Teachers during the "PWN" Publishing House methodological conference in Katowice
- being a judge during the Inter-school European Song Contest "Everyone can sing ..."
- evaluating Easter cards during the "SFD" Interschool Art and Language Competition
- Participation in a school trip to Krakow
- Meeting with teachers during the competition "Deutsch-Land, or wandering around the Länder"
- Participation in the finals of the "Deutsch-Land, or wandering around the Länder" project at the General Consulate of Germany in Wrocław
- Trip to Bad Muenster as part of the "European Schools for Democracy and Participation" project
- being a judge during the final stage of the National Competition "Turbolandeskunde"
- participating in the Polish-German exchange, a school from Cologne visited Katowice
- Visits to schools with the Polish Association of German Teachers, Department in Katowice:
1. School and Preschool Complex in Paniówki
2. Jan Smoleń High School No. 1 in Bytom
3. Cardinal Primate August Hlond School Complex of the Association of Catholic Families of the Archdiocese of Katowice .
4. Kornel Makuszyński Primary School No. 7
5. School Complex No. 1 in Pszczyna
To sum up, these three months can be considered as a well-used time both by the apprentice and students, and teachers from Polish schools.BACK