Admissions 2019/2020 - pre-DP, IDP classes
One pre-IB entry exam in three Silesian IB schools.
Melchior Wańkowicz Private High School (003498) in Katowice cooperates with Adam Mickiewicz High School no. 3 in Katowice and High School I in Gliwice (three Silesian IB DP schools) in terms of pre-IB English entry exam in May-June 2019. Candidates take the exam in one of the schools only (according to its criteria) and the remaining schools accept the result. The DP coordinators share the results. If a candidate does not have to take the exam, they need to file an appropriate certificate/diploma BEFORE the exam in one of the schools.
Students who wish to continue their IB Programme education in Melchior Wańkowicz Private High School are asked to contact the IB coordinator in advance and file all the necessary documents.
- Filled IB Diploma Programme questionnaire. (Questionnaire below)
- A copy of the most recent school certificate (the original one available for inspection).
- A current grade transcript, signed by the headmaster.
- Certificates received for extra activities and achievements, such as: contests and competitions, sports, music, arts, language certificates, charity actions, ecology, etc.
Filing deadline: 21 May 2019 (Tuesday)
Written part: 24 May 2019 (Friday):
- 13:30 – 14:45 English
- 14:30 – 15:45 Math (The calculator is allowed)
Oral part: 30 – 31 May 2019 –self-presentation in English.
Candidates may take the exam on the condition that all documents have been filed properly. Math exam is available in Polish and in English; calculators are allowed.
The examination costs 100PLN. It must be paid before taking the exam. Individual exams on a different day are allowed after consulting the coordinator.
Students are accepted in pre-DP/1DP classes based on: their most recent school certificate, entry exam results, extra achievements at school and beyond. Candidate's attitude and educational maturity are taken into account as well. The results will be announced on 5 June 2019.
|School year||monthly tuition fee|
Tuition fees are paid the entire year (12 months), throughout the whole learning cycle + single entry fee 2500PLN.